Sunday 7 April 2013

A productive weekend

What a wonderful two days I have had with great company, lots of laughs, and for me a load of stitching. A few of us joined the "girl with a big heart"........Jude from the Sanctuary. We were all keen to learn about EQ7 but being an apple mac user I was not prepared (last minute as usual!!). But I do know the other girls learnt a great deal thanks to Judy of Virtual Quilter. This was the first time teaching EQ for Judy and I think she learnt a great deal as well......I am sure she is well and truly brain dead tonight though!
 Above we see Jude, Pat and Lois with their creative heads at the computer and then below is Judy our teacher by the big screen and closest is Del (concentrating very hard!), who came all the way from Warracknabeal. It was lovely to meet Del who owns Quilters Harvest. Lets hope some amazing 'electric quilts' will be turned into reality in the future!
It was also lovely to see some of Judy's 'virtual quilts' actually made in fabric..........
 Below you can see the computerised quilt on the screen and then the real thing on the left.......


As for me....well I have had the most wonderful weekend completing all the felted wool blocks. It has been great 'time out' for me and such a wonderful feeling to have achieved so much........


 Once I have completed the quilting I am planning to attach this fabulous orange ric-rac on all the seams.......

The Sanctuary is indeed a sanctuary and as always we were spoilt with food and comforts. The atlantic salmon today was divine and I devoured it so fast I forgot to capture an image. The weather was perfect to eat outdoors.....

Lois brought in her beautiful William Morris Sampler to show us all.........


and Pat one of her amazing embroidered quilts...........





We can't wait to see Jude work her machine quilting magic on this one. Thanks so much Jude for your caring hospitality, to Judy for her tuition (well maybe not for me!) and to the girls who shared in a wonderful weekend.
I hope your weekend was enjoyable wherever you are x

3 comments:

  1. I so love to visit your blog and see the beautiful eye candy you post and hear what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your felted wool blocks! I wonder if you would be kind enough to share information about the patterns?

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x