Monday 13 April 2009

Easter

What beautiful weather we have had for these four days of Easter. Larry and I spent two of them helping my brother paint his renovations. After 5 weekends there is still so much to go!!
But the Easter bunny did bring me something fat free...............Benjamin Bunny!


Quite timely as I had been spending the last couple of weeks thinking about some new quilt designs especially with children in mind. My eldest daughter is planning to have a baby over the next 18 months so I thought it time I started planning - they will have to live with William Morris though! So how beautiful are these new fabrics from fabric freedom and I think just great for quilts for children: http://www.fabricfreedom.co.uk/
It took me a while to get used to the pastels as I am such a traditionalist with William Morris colours of nature. But the more I looked at them the more I saw potential. So I have two single bed sized quilts in mind which I will start drawing up over the week we are in Robe at the end of the month!So "William Morris meets Beatrix Potter" - I will probably do silhouettes - need to be careful of copyright with Beatrix Potter designs







1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle, Looking forward to your production!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x