Tuesday 15 November 2011

Reflections, announcements and thanks

What a year it has been – 15 interstate commitments in just 7 months and it is beginning to show! My haste as I packed the car last Friday resulted in a nasty tumble down our front steps (we have witnessed many near misses so I think hand rails are in order!) Anyway that fall has made these past four days of teaching a bit of a struggle with pain and swelling in one left leg, one right foot and a few more spots :-(..... but “the show must go on”. Virgin Australia were fabulous on the flight to Canberra and provided me with a much needed icepack as I had no time to get medical assistance before I left. So thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and every one of you for your care and attention over the last few days . I am glad I am on the last "leg" (!) of this year’s workshop schedule. Here are some final reflections of some happy times….
This was the venue for the Galong Patchworker's weekend at the tranquil St Clement's retreat. This venue run by the catholic church encourages promotion of Art and the setting is wonderful with many works of art on display including this one...
WOW!

Happy campers - above and below




Thanks girls for the fun weekend

I then travelled to Bathurst for two more days as a guest of the delightful Anni Downs from The Home Patch. It was so wonderful to get to know Anni better. I have always admired her unique style and it was so wonderful to share our experiences as a teacher, author and fabric designer and about how we both seem to chase our tails all the time - you couldn't meet a nicer person. Thankyou Anni for your wonderful hospitality and caring nature XX


Such a GORGEOUS shop

Thankyou girls for coming and for putting up with my William Morris obsession!

So to the "Announcement": I am going to be reducing my commitments over the coming months and I have already reduced one of them by no longer representing Pfaff - this will free up some much needed home time. I am also trying to reduce some of my teaching and I am no longer providing patterns for shops (apart from Block of the Month sets).

With this in mind I do have to say how humbled and honoured you have made me by telling me your stories and your shared admiration for William Morris as well. I am truly touched that I have brought so much joy – especially when some of you have been going through difficult times. It brought me to tears recently when I was told by two quilters that my quilt designs had given them some purpose as they faced the challenges of cancer treatments – thankyou for that and I am glad it made a difference…something I do not think of when I create patterns.

So homeward bound tomorrow for planning more new designs, completing some old ones and for enjoying the company of family and friends once again (and catching up with those who have been unwell). See you soon X

3 comments:

  1. I hope you recover from your fall quickly.
    All the best for the future.

    I do hope the lost box turns up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you are getting the 'zip' back in your step after your fall, Michelle. It sounds to me like you need to stop and smell the roses, so it's good that you are homeward bound for some time to yourself, and family. I do hope that you don't grind to a teaching stop, as it is high on my list to get to a workshop of yours (somewhere...lol). I guess the Pfaff committment was rather a large one, and you were a wonderful ambassador for the brand.....I expect next time we hear from you , you'll be well rested, and re-focussed .....oh, and by the way....you and Anni in one photo places my two most favourite and inspiring Australian designers in the one shot...... ....hugs...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are finally home, and hopefully with legs up and resting. Thank you for the most marvellous weekend, Michele. I learnt so much from you. You were truly inspirational.

    Enjoy your well-earnt break. I look forward to seeing more of you and "William Morris" in the coming years. It has been a honour and a privilege to be able to attend your class.

    Also hoping that your lost box turns up soon, Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x