Sunday 28 October 2012

Quilt market and more

The weather has been surprisingly cold here in Houston but that doesn't stop the enthusiasm and excitement of our first visit to the Houston Quilt Market. Our first call yesterday was to finally meet Jason who was busy setting up his colourful stand of fabrics. It was very exciting to finally be at market.....Yes I am actually here!!!

After that thrill Larry and I set off to see some sights. Check out the "drive through" at Starbucks......


 We spent some time in the Galleria - a huge shopping centre of over 375 shops, many being high end fashion labels.
In the centre of one section is an iceskating rink......

Just two quick shots on our way back to the hotel.........

Last night Jason took us out for a spectacular dinner with two of his staff and also Tim from Lloyd Curzon's and it was certainly lovely to see someone from home. I only managed to photograph the ceiling above our table (of course!)......


So today was day one at market. I had a couple of people I wanted to meet and then this afternoon I was asked to do a radio show interview with Pat Sloan...crikeys!! I will let you know when it is due to air....I think it might be during our quilt show at home!

Now for the self indulgent bit....meeting the famous!! First of all the lovely Gail Pan and friends from Australia.........
Now I thought maybe I shouldn't really be just photographing people from home so for a real thrill - meeting Barbara Brackman in person! Barbara has been such a support to me over the years and we both share a passion for William Morris....great to meet you in person at last Barbara.........
And also Jane Sassaman who also shares the same Morris passion.........
Another home grown gorgeous girl is Di Mill - always good to have a hug from Di.......
And more homegrown talent.......Lynette Anderson........

SO to the finale and why we are really here......after almost three years of working together I have a REAL photo......and how lucky am I to be working with one of the best guys in the industry!


So tomorrow I will be back...come and visit me for the next two days at the C&T Publications Booth 144 where I will be signing my second book which they are giving away for free!! But you will need to be there by 10am each morning....otherwise you will catch me at Booth 1458 with Jason........see you then!


2 comments:

  1. What a thrilling adventure.. i am so excited for you.... wish i could be in line to get a "free" autographed copy of your book.... i hope those that get them atre inspired to use them ... enjoy your time there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky You meeting all those Lovely People...Great photo's TFS.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x