Friday 1 August 2014

Heaven on earth

Kelmscott Manor was in the words of William Morris simply 'a heaven on earth' and every time I have the honour of visiting I have to agree. The peace and tranquility is all around and you can feel that it was here that Morris was happiest. No photos are allowed inside but outside never fails to delight........

The ploughman's lunch was once again a treat......
The short walk to Morris's grave includes a view of the memorial cottages that his daughter May built with a plaque to commemorate her father..... 
 In the churchyard some new purchases were displayed.....and there was some very serious shopping in the Kelmscott shop as you will see shortly!
 We had a quick stroll in Broadway where the houses continue to charm me.....






 and a cottage for you Larry!.....

 A treat was waiting for us at Broadway Tower......champagne and canapés before a delicious dinner..

 As we all stumbled out of the bus I just had to capture some of that serious shopping!!






 And that is only half of the group.....they are all such good sports to let me capture their happy faces!

4 comments:

  1. so y'all drink too much champagne and stumbled off the bus huh LOL - just looks like so much fun, if I ever get over to England I now have an idea of what I need to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wish I could have spent the day with you. I would LOVE to visit Kelmscott Manor again. It stole my heart on the first William Morris tour.
    Please say hello to Helen for Terry and I. See you.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hollyhocks in the gardens. Old fashion flowers for a historical setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hollyhocks in the gardens. Old fashion flowers for a historical setting.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x