Monday 8 June 2015

Felted wool and embroidery

It is a long weekend here in most states of Australia as we celebrate the Queen's birthday and today is a public holiday. Larry is watching a local football game and I've been home stitching. I received this wonderful gift in the post a few days ago - a pattern and some delicious threads from my special friend Penny of Canada…….

 Penny sells under the label OH designs - named after her two lovely dogs Olive and Honey. She designs her own patterns and kits and hand dyes all the threads herself. These variegated 10wt perle threads were a dream with absolutely no fluffing or lint. Now I am not one to conform and decided to put mine together with a favourite glove stitch (Still loving it Dot!!) and of course using my own design……..
 I am totally hooked and think some larger ones with a bell inside and maybe covered in Beatrix Potter appliqué might be added to the new book! I had said to Penny some weeks ago I was thinking of a felted wool hexagon ball project but this was so easy and quick…….
 Thankyou so much Penny and I LOVE, LOVE your threads! Penny can be found at a quilt shop in Ontario - From the Heart Quilt Shop where you can get her patterns and threads and you can find Penny here too

We have also been watching more butterflies hatch and I am pleased to report the sugar infusion and TLC from last week's rescue resulted in a successful release! So we are watching the latest birth which so far has taken 3 days……….
 Finally I wanted to let you know I have added a page at the top of this blog called "May Morris Book Projects". It has come about after people asked if they could "see before they buy"……..so have a look at that page for more info….




Take care x





11 comments:

  1. Such a lucky you! They look great! Thanx for the book report. Hope you are having/had a wonderful holiday. L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such delightful eggs. If I start soon I can have some done for Easter. Thanks for the link, Michelle. All the projects in the new book are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs. Awesome art work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this blog, this is a great information about embroidery digitizing .
    Thanks for sharing tips embroidery design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow beautiful design ! I had no idea you could even do any of that! That is really great! I'm going to have to look into those. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice blog and i impress your digitizing work. Gloves Digitinzign


    ReplyDelete
  8. Personalized gloves have ended up being a huge point of success today in the apparel industryGloves Digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing work and very informative blog
    Win Digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well written informative post. You have mentioned such valuable information for beginners. It helps them lot. Good work, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x