Thursday 15 September 2016

Final reflections

Today seems to have been a very long day due to four hours sleep overnight perhaps because I ate something I shouldn't have…..and sadly I've also succumbed to the dreaded travel cold….an inevitable part of travelling which touched some of our group too! But none the less 'the show goes on' and it is important to reflect on our exciting 10 days with Beatrix Potter and Helen. One day during the tour we had a free morning so we walked to Bowness with our special Canadian friends Penny and Paul……. 

 I'd not heard of wishing trees but we dutifully left a coin with a wish……...

 The other reason for visiting Bowness was to see the Beatrix Potter attraction. Helen didn't include this on the itinerary as it is really for children but my excuse was to get photos for Beau and Maisie at home!















 Yesterday Helen kindly took me back to Hill Top as my first visit was a bit of blur…………….







 How special that her bedroom walls were lined with William Morris wallpaper……..













 More words are needed but weariness is taking over so more later of the sentiments. This morning we said sad goodbyes and left the hotel at 8.15am and we didn't reach our next destination until 5.30pm……so an early night for me before I share the next exciting tale x

4 comments:

  1. I hope you will be feeling better soon Michele so you and Larry can enjoy the next part of your trip. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you manage to feel better soon, you need some rest in your busy schedule! I am exhausted listening to all you are doing, but thankyou so much for all your blogging, I know how much time this takes xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! Get to feeling better soon - thanks for taking the time to share all the photos -have really enjoyed that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beau & Maisie will love the photos of the animals and the adult children will as well. We hope you feel better soon.XXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x